Renters spend 40% of their income on a something with no customer service, no user experience, no product, no tech, no brand leader and no brand loyalty. That's why we're building Residently.
We’re designing the 21st century renting experience, and we're really getting somewhere. Our residents love our awesome service and amazing properties, our owners are delighted with hassle-free, risk-free rental income and we’ve grown the team to 27 people across Manchester and London.
Here we are in the news! https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/28/residently/
Here’s what you can expect to be doing and learning if you join the team:
- Agile - we’re all-in and give our team the space to learn, collaborate, prioritise, refactor and improve
- Continuous delivery - we deploy several times a day and are passionate about automation
- TDD and BDD - we’re not purists, but we like these practices and use them when they’re suitable
- Personal development - you’ll get regular feedback and opportunities to develop, at the pace you choose
- Pair programming - we support pairing and believe it helps build great teams
- Full stack coding - we go where the work takes us, from stylesheets to databases
We’re based in a lovely office right in the middle of Manchester City Centre, easily accessible from Manchester Piccadilly, Victoria, Oxford Road and St Peter’s Square tram stop.
- competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays per year
- a low bureaucracy environment
- equity in the company so we're all in it together
- flexible working and days from home
To apply, click the button below and please include a brief note telling us about yourself along with your CV. We’ll get back to you within a week or so. Don’t think you’re quite qualified? Get in touch anyway! We’re interested in you as a person and will be flexible, and quick.
Our hiring process is simple:
- We start with a twenty minute phone/video call where we chat about the role, the company and what you’re looking for next.
- Next we’ll invite you to a half day in our office where we’ll chat some more, do some pairing (no whiteboard coding) and show you what it’s like to be in the team. We will ask you some specific competency questions which we'll give you in advance so you can prepare.
- After that, we make you an offer.
We’re passionate about building a diverse team. We support local events and initiatives to bring more people into technology and strive to build a welcoming and supportive environment. We look forward to meeting you regardless of your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
- software engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Right to work in the UK (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available: