Plentific is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK, with offices in Germany and Turkey. Our mission is to improve lives by making housing and property work better for everyone.
We empower landlords and property managers with a platform to manage their properties. We utilise great local trade talent to create more jobs, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before.
Since our humble beginnings in 2013, we’ve achieved a lot at Plentific:
- We’re growing fast. We work with many of the biggest property providers in the UK.
- Dramatically improved outcomes for housing providers, speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within their local communities.
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
- Recognised as ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards 2018,
- Recognised as ‘Professional Services Partner’ at the UK Housing Awards 2019 and;
- Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
- Entered partnerships with social enterprises such as Beam, with whom we help co-fund training for homeless people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
2019 was an exciting year for Plentific - we’ve been celebrated as leaders of transformative change - not just in our sector - but across business in the UK (UKBA Business Change/ Transformation winner). Following a major funding round, we’re also expanding into the wider professional/commercial real estate sector in Europe - with plans to launch into the US multi-family market next year.
We're a technology led business. We're proud to develop cutting-edge solutions for our customers - and that's only possible to do with a great team. Our culture is open. Empowering. Fast paced. If you're tenacious, passionate and driven, you'll fit right in.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineering Tech Lead to join our growing business. You’ll be working alongside highly technical and motivated teams and report to the Technical Co-Founder. You would be expected to lead the growth of a new data function within the organisation and be responsible for the structure, processes and direction for data engineering across the company. Working with a variety of internal teams, you'll have the freedom to analyse all aspects of our business in order to help various teams ensure we support our ever-growing user base. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Identify the data needs of the business, understand the requirements for analysis, and build scalable, efficient data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions.
- Own and develop data pipelines and models for the teams across the business.
- Enable the product teams to utilise statistical and econometric models on large datasets.
- Take ownership of collecting new data and refine our existing data sets.
- Build strong relationships with our product and engineering teams to manage our data universally across the business.
- Lead and develop the analytics strategy for the company and create reporting structures to implement that strategy.
- Manage and build a team of data engineers/scientists, business analysts and business intelligence engineers.
- Champion the use of data and analytics within the company whilst aligning with the business objectives.
- Adopt best practices for reporting and analysis, and insist upon the highest standards at all times.
- 8+ years of experience delivering analytical data solutions with big business impact.
- People management experience.
- Experienced in building and leading a data team within a scale-up company including hiring engineers, analysts and scientists.
- Comfortable developing and mentoring junior members of the team towards a successful career.
- Extensive hands-on experience with data science tools, including, Python coding, SQL and production tools.
- Previous experience of building ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Skilled in data lake and data warehouse design, maintenance and governance.
- Strong understanding of statistics and probability fundamentals.
- Demonstrable experience of driving business strategy and decisions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in order to work closely with management across teams.
- Ability to communicate the value of using data to form decisions and predictive modelling.
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate concepts in plain English.
- BSc (at least 2:1) essential in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum. MSc/PhD in similar subjects desirable.
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Learning and development fund
- A remote-friendly working environment + 23 days annual holiday
- Home office allowance
- A head office in London Bridge (less than 2 mins from Borough Market)
- An inherently diverse culture with over 11 nationalities and 21 languages spoken