Who we are
Aquicore was founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing our climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century.
We create global impact by bettering the built environment every day.
Our next generation of software which facilitates smarter building operations is used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. We are changing the industry from the ground up and we’re looking for the right people to achieve our mission!
We’re amped by the work we do and driven to constantly propel our values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, we are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Our people come first and it’s the combination of our culture and our mission that has been our greatest differentiator. We take our core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up our Aquicorians in their careers and professional growth.
We are seeking a driven and innovative Building Systems Engineer to serve as a technical customer success resource, developing and quantifying projects that drive efficiency improvements in building systems.
The Impact you’ll have
You will work with cutting-edge IoT technology in building environments leveraging your technical skills to create projects and recommendations throughout our portfolio of established customers. You will help customers utilize the building systems based insights and recommendations to ensure that they get the most out of the platform. You will develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders, onsite building engineers/operators, and Directors of Engineering. You will maintain a communication cadence with customers to drive the identification, quantification, and implementation of building systems projects. You will become the main point of contact and engineering support between the company and the onsite engineers and operators. You will become a subject matter expert on the Aquicore platform and your domain expertise will help ensure client success and continue to push the limits of creative ways to apply the capabilities of Aquicore to the world of real estate.
Who you will work with
While you will be spending a lot of your time engaging with customers, you will also be working with Aquicore Account Executives and Engagement Managers to mitigate churn and drive renewals. You will represent the voice of the customer to help drive the product roadmap forward.
The skills we are looking for...
- 3+ years of consulting experience in the energy industry
- Experience evaluating a variety of HVAC and Controls systems including Central Energy Plants, unitary equipment and open protocol Building Management Systems
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their building systems goals
- Understanding of the analytics and reporting used to measure energy efficiency in buildings, portfolios, and building systems
- Ability to understand and communicate on complex building systems
- Ability to clearly explain the impact, value, and steps required to execute complex technical concepts to onsite building engineers/operators and real estate executives.
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals
- Passion for technology and for being a part of a fast-growing SaaS company
- Strong leadership skills
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering, or Energy Management
- CEM certification a plus
Within 1 Month you will…
- Attend Aquicore On-Boarding Training. You’ll learn about all aspects of the business with sessions across the different functional groups within Aquicore
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, Aquicore Platform)
- Learn about typical building HVAC systems and other energy heavy equipment in commercial buildings.
- Learn about common Aquicore installation types and metering devices with which the implementations interact
- Learn AQ library of building systems recommendations
- Shadow cadence calls held by AQ Senior Building Systems Engineers with onsite staff
- Shadow calls across implementation and customer onboarding to build an understanding of customer implementations, methodology, key milestones, systems, processes, and the differing integration needs. Learn about the various products we offer and how we interact cross-functionally with these teams
- Follow along on site scoping visits to understand how Aquicore determines the scope of implementations and any site requirements that need to be taken into account.
Within 2 Months you will…
- Demonstrate product proficiency and understanding
- Be assigned and begin servicing your own buildings and accounts
- Work with the Account Executive and Engagement Managers to support new opportunities.
Within 6 Months you will…
- Be the product expert and the go-to technical resource for the Sales and Customer Success team. You will demonstrate proficiency and understanding of building energy plants both from a utility aspect as well as from an HVAC perspective
- Work on enhancing existing solutions by rolling out new processes and tools to improve efficiency of project generation and impact calculations
- Provide technical expertise and support for the Product Team
- Continuously learn and maintain your expert product knowledge as the Aquicore platform evolves and grows.
- Mentor new team members
Within 12 Months you will…
- Have developed close relationships with customers and fellow Aquicorians to get a deep appreciation for the management of real estate portfolios
- Have oversight and ownership of dozens of real estate portfolios to coordinate and oversee project generation and implementation to provide continuing value to our customers
- Own the ongoing interactions, priorities, and roadmap for existing solutions
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Building Systems Engineering processes; assess results and refine
- Help train new Building Systems Engineers.
Is this role not a perfect fit?
Sign up to stay in touch. We have new positions regularly and we’d love to reach out to you first when it opens up!
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.