Why, How, What?
Bricklane is on a mission to make property investment accessible to everyone — helping people invest from as little as £100, all the way up to £100 million+.
Using a revolutionary data-driven approach, we’ve created a simple, hassle-free way for people to invest in the residential property market.
Backed by the likes of Zoopla and LocalGlobe, we’ve assembled a smart, highly collaborative team from the worlds of tech, property and finance. By raising the bar in property investment, we are committed to fixing issues in the rental market for investors and tenants alike by providing high quality homes in which people aspire to live.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data Team, helping to drive our growth through smart and innovative data usage.
What you will be working on
Smart data use is integral to Bricklane’s success, driving and informing both investment strategies and operational processes with data-led decisions and insights. The Data Team undertakes industry-leading research and analytics projects such as building machine learning models to automatically value property, or map based scenario modelling tools.
Compass, Bricklane’s bespoke investment platform, collects and creates tens of thousands of proprietary data points. With planned growth for the company (we’ll share more about this in the process) and investment into Compass, joining the data function now is a fantastic opportunity to be instrumental in helping grow both the business, and to develop personally.
- You’ll work directly with the Principal Data Scientist, and closely with our CTO, CEO and operations teams, to help shape and deliver industry-leading data analytics projects
- You’ll use Python and SQL to identify trends and opportunities for both growth, investment opportunity and operational efficiency, through analysis of complex and proprietary data sets
- You’ll be responsible for gathering requirements, creating analysis, presenting findings and building relationships
- You will oversee projects end-to-end with guidance from the Principal Data Scientist
- You’ll be responsible for tweaking and maintaining current machine learning models, with the aim of developing models from scratch with experience in the role
- You’ll source, document and engineer external data to add to Bricklane’s proprietary data store and use it to identify upcoming research initiatives
- You’ll create data engineering pipelines and queries to supplement complex machine learning models and analytics
What we’re looking for
- Enthusiastic Data Analyst with at least 1-2 years experience working as a Data Analyst in a business environment
- Statistical & mathematical literacy; you will have experience using statistical testing and modelling techniques
- Good working knowledge of Python, its analytics packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, Scikit-Learn), and SQL
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Comfortable being self-directed and working independently, or collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplined team
- You are genuinely excited about working with numbers, coming up with and learning about innovative ways to solve problems and answer questions
- Bonus if you have experience working with datasets larger than 1m entries in a cloud environment
Benefits of working with us
- Flexibility: current Covid-19 circumstances aside, we love working from our brand new office in Old Street. That said, we support partial remote working, if that's best for you
- Personal development: we support you with training opportunities to help you grow This role is fully aimed at someone who is looking to develop further into their data career
- Holiday: 25 days annual leave +1 extra day around Christmas (our present to you)
- Health: we offer Vitality healthcare to support your health and wellbeing, with discounts for gym membership, activewear, sports equipment, and cinema tickets
- Pension: you’ll be covered for later life with our pension plan
Our hiring process
- You apply for the role, completing a form so we can find out more about you.
- For applications that progress, we arrange a 30 min call to discuss the role and your experience further.
- Following this, we ask you to complete our take-home exercise. This should take 2 hours, with a follow-up discussion afterwards.
- The final stage will be an interview to understand more about your experience and motivation.