Aquicore was founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing our climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century.
We create global impact by bettering the built environment every day.
Our next generation of software facilitates smarter building operations used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. We are changing the industry from the ground up and we’re looking for the right people to achieve our mission!
We’re amped by the work we do and driven to constantly propel our values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, we are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Our people come first and it’s the combination of our culture and our mission that has been our greatest differentiator. We take our core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up our Aquicorians in their careers and professional growth.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will define the next generation of the Aquicore platform. We will challenge you to:
-See the forest in addition to the trees and approach development in a way that emphasizes real value for the organization and all its stakeholders
-Focus on solutions and solve problems rather than just write code
-Design and develop technical solutions across Aquicore’s full technology stack - from the front-end user experience through back-end object modeling and data relationships
-Bring to life the platform that allows our customers to collect millions of points of data from live sensors in commercial buildings and utilize the information in helpful ways
The Impact you’ll have
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as part of our Engineering team to deliver high quality software and redefine how data is collected and used in the real estate industry. In this role, you need a critical eye for detail with the ability to maintain a holistic approach to your work. You should appreciate the process but ultimately focus on outcomes. We are a small, tightly knit team and we maintain a fast-paced, data-driven, ever changing environment. If you are hungry to learn and crave responsibility then Aquicore might be the right fit for you.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering team
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Highly proficient knowledge of the AWS cloud environment
- Familiarity with the principles of the AWS
- Well-Architected Framework
- Experience deploying apps to the AWS cloud
- Demonstrable experience scaling apps and microservices in AWS
- Experience defining and developing back-end interfaces / APIs / web services
Who you are
- Highly responsive and able to work in a virtual environment
- Self-starter with the drive, determination, and ability to take ownership of projects
- Enjoys technology and cutting-edge software and thrives in a small team environment
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback well in both code reviews and general coaching sessions
- Strong desire to enhance oneself and team through continuous learning, measurement, and improvement
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Demonstrable skills using team collaboration tools - GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with the Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CICD) lifecycle and tools - CircleCI preferable
- Experience with front-end technologies - React, ReactNative, and Angular
- Experience developing in Java - Play Framework experience a plus
- Proficient in database queries using SQL - PostgreSQL experience preferred
- Working knowledge and exposure to DevOps tools and principles - experience with Terraform preferred
- Basic knowledge and skills in Database / Linux server administration
Within 1 Month you will…
- Complete our training program designed to get you up to speed with our business and our customers. You’ll learn about our business, product, vision, and team, and gain an understanding about how your role fits into the AQ family.
- Speak fluently about our customer segments and the businesses that buy and sell real estate who use our product.
- Understand the fundamentals about real estate, how buildings work, and why the real estate industry buys and sells iconic skyscrapers across the cities of the US.
- Understand the key personas within real estate who use our product and why they use it.
- Participate in weekly team meetings that get you up to speed with our development process.
- Develop familiarity with our current codebases and software applications.
- Implement bug fixes and feature enhancements that deliver real business value in production.
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting your weekly accomplishments and challenges to your manager.
Within 3 Months you will…
- Deliver high-quality code, construct meaningful unit tests, and generate user interface tests to ensure the success of your team.
- Participate in your team’s successful completion of multiple milestones for a Product team epic.
- Provide mentoring and feedback to team members through code review cycles.
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead and Product Manager to groom and plan the technical components and stories for a Product team epic.
Within 6 Months you will…
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead to plan and guide your team’s engineering resources through the successful completion of an epic milestone.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to your team’s Technical Lead about component/architectural design based on sound technical theory and reasoning.
- Be able to proactively identify and unblock technical challenges related to scalability and performance of the Aquicore platform.
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the engineering team on engineering trends, industry-standards, and best-practices.
- Host an internal Lunch-and-Learn with the engineering team to showcase a new feature, technology, or process enhancement that will benefit the engineering team.
Within 12 Months you will…
- Form strong opinions about our Roadmap and what we should be building based on your technical knowledge.
- Become a critical voice and contributor to strategic discussions across Product.
Our technical stack…
- React - Web apps
- React Native - Mobile app
- AngularJS - Legacy web apps
- Node.js (Typescript) - Lambda microservices
- Java - Legacy application servers
- Python - Data science and data ETL algorithms
- Data storage
- PostgreSQL - Relational data
- InfluxData - Time series data
- Redshift - Data warehouse
- Cloud infrastructure
- AWS - Cloud Provider
- Terraform - Infrastructure as Code
- CircleCI - Continuous Integration
Is this role not a perfect fit?
Sign up to stay in touch. We have new positions regularly and we’d love to reach out to you first when it opens up!
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.